We are a team of four students from St. Aloysius .At Candid, our vision is to empower people to be part of the solution to pollution. We embrace the values of sustainability and stewardship, and strive to be guardians of the Earth. We believe that each one of us can make a difference, but together we can make a change.
What is the problem?
Around 1,5 billion phone cases are thrown away every year. This is because the average useful life of a smartphone is around 22 months. Plastic does not decompose for decades, sometimes even centuries, and finds its way to our oceans threatening marine life.
What solution do we offer?
We offer a guilt free alternative to the regular phone case. Our cases are designed to protect your phone, and the planet. Candid offers a selection of iPhone cases that are:
- 100% recyclable, 100% biodegradable
- Made out of PLA plant polymer with a bamboo binder
- Durability of ~1-2 years . Then afterwards, biodegrades in~ a year in a landfill.
- Packaged in a degradable and protective CPE 07 bag and shipped in a recyclable carton box
- Components: soil (30%), onions (7.5%), carrots (7.5%), pepper (7.5%), sawdust (1.5%), rice (18%), soybeans (18%), wheat (10%)
Our phone cases are available for order on our websites: http://candidcases.eu